Net iD for Citrix
Fast and secure login
to your Citrix environment
Companies and organisations that previously used smartcards to log into their Citrix environment often had to deal with long login times depending on the connection channel. Users today demand swift and simple access to their mobile, cloud-based and company applications.
The challenge is to protect users, applications and sensitive data against security threats. Irrespective of device and connection channel, end users can login with Net iD for Citrix by using their chosen carrier and entering a PIN code. This provides swift, simple and secure access to applications and mission-critical information.
Net iD for Citrix means an end to long login times in your Citrix environment. The software speeds up the login process and provides a range of benefits for the user
With Net iD for Citrix, users simply need to enter a PIN code when logging in – irrespective of the authentication path chosen. This helps shorten the login time significantly and makes it possible to define what happens when the card is entered into and removed from the card reader. The organisation’s employees can access mission-critical information swiftly, simply and securely using their smartcard, mobile certificate or YubiKey and a PIN code.
- Robust two-factor authentication with a PIN code to access your Citrix platform for a variety of devices and connection paths.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) provides swift and simple access to all your applications.
- Quick and reliable smartcard roaming.
- Life cycle managed components and APIs that Citrix officially supports in current and future platforms.
- Integrates with existing PKI infrastructure and Citrix platform.
- Functions in Windows, macOS, ChromeOS and Linux.
- Finished plug-ins for thin clients from Dell, Igel, Fujitsu, 10ZIG, etc.
- Solutions for mobile authentication directly to Citrix StoreFront (with or without Citrix Active Directory, AD) in iOS and Android.
How it works
Net iD for Citrix integrates with and benefits from the organisation’s existing security solution and PKI infrastructure. In addition to support for card-based authentication, the solution comprises all other functions in the Net iD Enterprise client software.
Net iD for Citrix allows significant reductions in smartcard login times and makes it possible to define what happens when the card is inserted into and removed from the card reader. The organisation’s employees can access mission-critical information, swiftly, simply and securely using their smartcard or YubiKey and PIN code.
You can also use your smartphone to log into Net iD Access Server, which verifies the user and reports “all clear” to the server side of the service. The user is automatically switched back to the service application and can then access the desired service. Net iD Access separates the information channel from the “security channel”. This is also known as “out-of-band authentication”.
It can handle a variety of different use cases – and the ones that can be used are defined through configuration for each service.